Food waste & composting
We're connecting Compost Hub Champions with Compost Hub Contributors...
Blue Mountains City Council is offering residents a free declutter workshop to help celebrate the launch of this year’s Waste to Art sculpture – a powerful owl’s nest! The sculpture is made from waste fabrics, to highlight that Australians are buying 27kg of new clothes annually and over 20kg ends up in Blue Mountains residents' household garbage bins each year. The workshop will give you tips for decluttering your household, what to do with excess items and how to avoid them in the first place.
Waste to Art aims to encourage the whole community to rethink their own waste and promote a low waste lifestyle. By taking action to Reduce, Reuse and Repair over buying new, it saves resources like water and energy that go into manufacturing new items. Our collective efforts do make a difference and also help threatened species like the Powerful-Owl which is found across the Blue Mountains in old growth forests.
To be part of the change to reduce our waste, join us on 1 June at the Blue Mountains Community Hub at Springwood. To book go to https://yoursay.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/declutter-workshop
Waste to Art is an initiative of NetWaste, a voluntary local government waste network with 28 member councils across regional NSW.
Blue Mountains City Council Waste to Art: Facebook Competition Rules
- By taking part in this competition, you give Blue Mountains City Council permission to use & publish a photograph/recording for general promotional and marketing purposes.
- This competition is open to Blue Mountains Residents. When the winners are claiming their prize they will be required to show proof of residency in the Blue Mountains LGA.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the pool of all entries received during the specified time frame of the 21 June 2019 – 8 July 2019.
- The prizes include an iPad Mini, a Springwood Theatre Gift Voucher and a 10 visit Pass to one (1) of our Aquatic and Fitness Centres in the Blue Mountains. There will be no cash alternatives or substitution of the prizes.
- Staff members are permitted to like, share and comment, but will not be eligible for prizes.
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.