We oversee 170 walking tracks networks, with a length of over 120km.
Notifications of closures, track changes and upgrades are listed on this page.
CLOSURES IN PLACE DUE TO BUSH FIRE IN THE AREA
Update (5pm - Tuesday 14 January, 2020)
Council RESERVES, CAMPGROUNDS, LOOKOUTS and WALKING TRACKS
Due to continuing bush fire activity or to assist emergency operations, the following Council RESERVES, CAMPGROUNDS, LOOKOUTS and WALKING TRACKS remain CLOSED:
• All Council bushland reserves at Bell, Mt Wilson and Mount Tomah remain CLOSED.
• Mt York Reserve, Pulpit Rock Reserve and fire affected areas of Popes Glen Reserve are CLOSED.
• All Council bushland reserves south of the Great Western Highway from Wentworth Falls (Tablelands Rd) through to Lapstone are CLOSED.
If you are unsure where a specific reserve is located in relation to the Great Western Highway, please check on a map to confirm its location. You can download the map here.
The following Council BUSHLAND RESERVES, LOOKOUTS and WALKS are OPEN:
• Council has reopened reserves south of the Great Western Highway, from Katoomba through to Tablelands Road at Wentworth Falls.
• Council has reopened reserves north of the Great Western Highway from Mount Victoria to Hawkesbury Heights.
Fire affected bushland may contain public safety hazards, such as dangerous trees. Entry into area fire affected (burnt) reserves is PROHIBITED until further notice.
- Echo Point is OPEN.
- Katoomba Falls Tourist Park and Blackheath Glen Tourist Park remain OPEN.
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service also have extensive closures. Please check the NPWS website alerts in regard to the status of closed areas within the National Park https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/blue-mountains-national-park/local-alerts