Cybersecurity for Small Business: A Step-by-Step webinar on how to protect your business with Western Sydney Business Centre
Tuesday 2nd August, 9am – 12noon at Meeting Room 1, Springwood Theatre and Hub
On average each month, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) receives about 4,400 cybercrime reports through Report Cyber and responds to 168 cyber security incidents.
- In this webinar we aim to get you started on your cybersecurity journey with pragmatic advice explained in plain language – we promise there is no need to bring your IT expert along.
- We will talk about five simple yet remarkably effective actions that you can take to immediately improve your cyber security and -even better- that won’t break the bank.
- You will leave this webinar feeling more in control of how to manage the uncertainty that comes when doing business online, and while there is no ‘one- solution- fits- all’, there are some valuable standards and tools that help you safeguard your data – protecting your revenue and your reputation, as Lost data means lost trust from your clients.
Participants will learn about:
- Cyber Threats: The Key Areas - Malicious Software – Scam Email (Phishing) – Malware.
- Software Considerations: Automatic Updates- Automatic backups - Multifactor Authentication.
- People and Procedure: Human Error the weakest link – Access Control- Passphrases -Employee Training.
At the completion of the session the participants will leave with:
- An understanding of the ACSC Small Business Cyber Security Guide.
- A checklist that empowers them to implement and track a set of cyber safety measurements.
- A roadmap and guidance to Australian Alert Services and how to report a cyber scam.