The Blue Mountains is packed with a range of camping options, from free bush camps to Tourist Parks with excellent facilities and sites for tents or vans.
On this page
Katoomba Falls Tourist Park, located on the spectacular scenic Cliff Drive, is 2km south of Katoomba railway station and town centre.
You can choose from a range of accommodation options:
- self-contained cabins (1 with ramp access)
- powered sites with ensuite bathrooms
- powered sites with concrete slabs for caravans and motorhomes
- non-powered camping sites.
There are 11 ensuite cabins, 4 ensuite sites, 25 powered sites and 21 camping sites in a peaceful location.
Blackheath Glen Tourist Park is located in a secluded part of Blackheath, however is only a short 10 minute walk through beautiful parks to the centre of the village. The Park is located 1km from Blackheath Railway Station. Choose from a range of accommodation options:
- Large powered caravan and motorhome sites.
- Modern ensuite sites with concrete slabs.
- Self-contained cabins including budget, modern 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom and accessible styles.
- Grassy unpowered camping sites - as close to bush camping as you can get.
The unpowered sites vary in size and are all grassy. A BBQ area is located close to the unpowered camping area and the amenities block is a short walk up the hill from the sites.
These bushland reserves contain picnic tables, fire rings and disabled access non-flush toilets.
- No water is available. Bring your own drinking water with you.
- Pack a gas or fuel stove for cooking. If planning to cook on an open fire, purchase firewood from local outlets beforehand.
- Check fire ban danger ratings and total fire ban information at the NSW Rural Fire Service website for fire safety information.
- Use rubbish bins provided or take your rubbish out with you.
Cathedral Reserve - Mt Wilson
40km north of Katoomba, this is a large, level camping area (suitable for camper trailers, caravans, motorhomes and tents) close to rainforest walks.
Hartley Vale Mt York Precinct - Lockyers Track
Situated at the base of Mt York via Hartley Valley Rd - small camping area (limited sites) suitable for tents. Single pit toilet.
Mt York Precinct: Mt Victoria
5km from Mt Victoria village at the end of Mt York Rd - small camping area (limited sites) suitable for tents. A popular climbing area and historic roads.
Megalong Valley - Old Ford Reserve
Adjacent to Megalong Creek - medium sized camp ground. Access is via sealed road. Toilets provided (no other facilities).
Megalong Valley - Blackheath Glen Reserve
Small camping area - limited sites, suitable for tents.