Development advice / information

If you need help with a planning or building matter talk to us and we can point you in the right direction. Our customer service team is here to help.

A Building Surveyor is available between 9am and 10am to answer a specialist question and a Customer Service Advisor is also available during business hours for town planning assistance to commercial, industrial and multi-residential development.

If you are thinking about purchasing a property or getting serious about building or renovating, we recommend that you use our prelodgement / pre purchase advisory service. Arrangements can be made to meet you on site to discuss potential development rights and issues. Applications forms are required. Fees apply.

Apply online

Search of development related records

Researching the history of development activity on your property can be an important part of any redevelopment / redesign process. Council holds development related records dating back to the 1980s. Our online application tracking tool publishes information on development applications received after 1 January 2011. Prior to this date, information is mainly held in paper / microfiche files. These records are often held offsite.

To access offline records you will need to complete an application form and identify the documents you require. Requests for development related information generally take 28 days. Documents sent and / or published online are print restricted. Where the development is not finalised (ie., no final inspection or occupation certificate) the current owner of a property is generally given print permissions.

Information provided is given under the open access provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act.

Read more on the different types of access and the range of information available.