Station Street Footpath Renewal Wentworth Falls
Council is renewing the western footpath on Station Street in Wentworth Falls by replacing the ten existing claret ash trees with ten lipstick maple trees.
The car park at Hazelbrook Village has been upgraded to improve traffic flow and increase safety.
Traffic changes to be aware of:
· Traffic now runs one way from the highway and exits at the north of the car park. Here vehicles can turn right at Stuart Place, then left or right into Rosedale Avenue. Please note: Stuart Place is now one way.
· There is a new loading zone at the entrance to the car park from the highway for improved access/delivery for local business.
· Pedestrian refuges and ‘shared zones’ have been created.
· New line markings have been added to all entrances and exits to the car park (at the Great Western Highway, at the lower car park and at Rosedale Avenue). New line markings for carpark spaces are now in line with Australian standards.
· Signage at the intersection of Stuart Place and Rosedale Avenue will direct vehicles (either eastbound to Sydney, or westbound to Katoomba/Lithgow).
The upgrade is the first stage of changes outlined in Hazelbrook Village Masterplan, endorsed in 2018. Future stages are yet to be scoped and designed.
For further information contact Manager Special Projects, Russell Brecknell, at email@example.com.