Waste Management Facilities limited to essential waste only
Katoomba and Blaxland Waste Management Facilities are currently accepting essential waste.
Essential waste is defined as waste that arises from the following circumstances:
- The resident is moving
- A deceased estate
- Safety matter
- Public nuisance matter
- Asbestos or hazardous material that poses the community with a safety risk, or
- Garden vegetation for bushfire season property preparation.
Commercial and business waste is also being accepted at Waste Management Facilities, as usual.
Blue Mountains residents still have other options for the collection of waste:
- Regular residential waste collection bins (red, yellow, green bins).
- Booked kerbside service – two free services are available for each residential property per financial year. An additional kerbside service can also be booked for $95. Go to bmcc.nsw.gov.au/BookedWasteService.
- Additional residential waste collection bins can also be ordered. Download the Domestic Waste Service Bin Form to order an additional bin. bmcc.nsw.gov.au/waste-and-recycling/forms-and-resources.
- Hire a skip bin. The skip owner will collect and dispose of the waste at a Waste Management Facility.