Updated Guide to Services and Activities for Families
Our Guide to Services and Activities for Families, updated for 2019, has been released.
The update reflects changes to finding and accessing services. Knowing how to find out what is available is often an issue for families.
Blue Mountains Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “This is a useful resource for all Blue Mountains families.
“The directory provides information to support families accessing local services, enjoying their community and finding the support they may need during times of transition
“It is part of our commitment to support families and our goal to make the Blue Mountains a child, youth and family friendly community.”
Printed copies of the 4th edition of the Guide are available at:
- Council offices at Katoomba and Springwood, and at
- Blue Mountains Libraries at Blackheath, Katoomba, Wentworth Falls, Lawson, Springwood and Blaxland.
Council also provides support to Blue Mountains families by:
- Employing Community Development Officers who provide support and advocacy and initiate projects relevant to the specific needs of the community.
- Convening the Stronger Families Alliance network of services across the Mountains, working collaboratively on local community priorities to support families.
- Providing accommodation for services supporting children, young people and families across the Blue Mountains.
- Promoting the Blue Mountains as a “welcoming refugees area” for families who have had to flee their homeland and seek a safe place to live.
- Administering Family Day Care.
- Providing parks and ovals for sport, play and recreation.
- Providing 5 Libraries.
- Providing 5 Leisure Centres.
- Providing the Blue Mountains Cultural Centre, Blue Mountains Theatre + Community Hub and Halls for community events and entertainment.
“At Council we are committed to ensuring that our community supports families in whatever forms they come in. It is my hope you will find this Guide useful,” Cr Greenhill said.