Update: Bush fires
Update (5pm - Saturday, 14 December, 2019)
Bushland Reserves, Walking Tracks, Lookouts
Please be advised, Council has closed further reserves in response to current fire conditions:
Bonnie Doon Reserve and Therabault Lookout are closed to the public.
Cahills and Peckmans Lookouts have been closed to the public.
Landslide Lookout, Cyclorama Point, Malaita Point, Eaglehawk Lookout remain closed to public access.
Access to the Jamison Valley remains closed.
Echo Point remains open to public access.
Old Ford Reserve and Blackheath Glen Campgrounds remain closed to the public.
Cathedral of Ferns Campground and walking tracks are closed to the public.
Chinamans Hat/Pheasants Cave Loop, Happy Valley and Waterfall Reserve walking tracks are closed to the public.
Wynns Rock and Du Faurs Rock Lookouts are closed to the public.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) has extensive closures in area. Go to the National Parks website or call the NPWS Heritage Centre on 4787 8877 for more information.
- For further updates on walking tracks in Council and Crown reserves, call the Blue Mountains City Tourism information line on 1300 653 408.
- For ALL updates on Scenic World please refer to scenicworld.com.au/.
- Bells Line of Road – between Mount Wilson Road and the Darling Causeway – will be closed until at least Tuesday, 17 December 2019. Motorists are advised to use the Great Western Highway.
- Cliff Drive, Katoomba is closed (from Glencoe Road to Peckmans Road).
- Megalong Road, Megalong Valley, is also closed.
- Roads may be closed without warning. Follow the direction of emergency services personnel in these areas.
- For information on road closures, check livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by:
- Check and follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan. If you do not have a plan, decide what you will do if the situation changes.
- Neighbourhood Safer Places are a place a last resort during a bush fire emergency. Get more information about Neighbourhood Safer Places in the Blue Mountains LGA.