Council awards grants to support the arts during COVID-19
Blue Mountains City Council has approved 10 applicants for its City of the Arts Quick Response Small Grant Program.
The grants program, totalling $20,000, was developed to support Blue Mountains artists and arts organisations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The successful applicants and their works are:
• WeiZen Ho Hereness: Signature Sounds
• Rachel Peachey We went for a walk
• Tracy Ponich Business Not Usual
• Mandy Schoene-Salter Remnants
• Margaret Davis Lookout/Look Out!
• Regina Saunders The rea_BOOTproject
• Peter Kennard Relief Belief
• Michel Streich Wild Mountain - Anthology of Blue Mountains Poems
• Alan Schacher Animating the faux rock picnic shelters
• James Emmanuel “Tomorrow” - Live single launch by JamaraOnMarz
The Blue Mountains City of the Arts Trust Small Grant program received more than 60 applications.
The grants will support the creation of content for delivery on digital platforms, or the creative development of new work that can progress to presentation stage once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
Blue Mountains Mayor Mark Greenhill said: “These grants demonstrate Council’s commitment to the arts in the Blue Mountains, during this difficult time.
“With so many in our community employed in this sector, we need to continue to work together to support artists and keep the arts alive in the Blue Mountains.”
Photo: Artist WeiZen Ho. Photograph by Alan Schacher.
For more information go to bmcc.nsw.gov.au/city-of-the-arts-trust.