Council adopts Delivery Program and Operational Plan
Following public exhibition, Blue Mountains City Council has endorsed the adoption of its draft Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
The Delivery Program and Operational Plan presents the fourth year of Council’s planned activities, budget and fees and charges for 2020-2021, in the context of the four-year Delivery Program 2017-2021.
Mayor Cr Mark Greenhill said: “Council will complete and commence many major projects in the coming year, as well as deliver an extensive range of services to the 27 towns and villages across the City of the Blue Mountains.”
- Buttenshaw Park Youth Playspace – an adventure playground targeted to teenage interests, as well as connectivity and accessibility upgrades.
- Glenbrook Park Playground Stage 2 – creation of a new inclusive, accessible, interactive play area catering for seven to 12 year olds.
- Wentworth Falls Lake Park – development of a multi-purpose shelter and upgrades to connectivity and accessibility.
- Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park – a new toilet block and new accessible pedestrian pathways.
- Scenic Eastern Escarpment Project – a significant upgrade of 2.35km of walking tracks between key features in Knapsack Reserve.
- Katoomba Outdoor Pool Upgrade – including a new concourse for the 50m outdoor pool, landscaping and associated works.
- Springwood Town Centre Masterplan – including elements of the Springwood Town Centre Public Domain Plan that builds on existing street and landscape features to provide a more attractive public space.
- Springwood Library Upgrade – redevelopment of the public area so that it’s a larger, contemporary, light-filled space.
- Lawson Parklands – construction of accessible pathways, dog off leash area, seating and associated landscaping works.
- Blackheath Town Centre – including elements of the Blackheath Village Centre Public Domain Plan that have been prioritised by the community in recent consultation.
- External Active Transport Links – improving connections and accessibility between town centres and popular locations.
- Visitor Infrastructure Investment Strategic Plan Capital Works
- Upgrade of Recreation Facility at Knapsack Park
- Culvert replacement for Cliff Drive Leura
Council’s Chief Executive Officer Dr Rosemary Dillon said: "Thanks to all residents who gave feedback during the public exhibition of the Delivery Program and the Operational Plan. “The endorsed program and plan will guide us in achieving Council’s vision for a sustainable and successful future for the Blue Mountains."
Photo: Concept design of the rejuvenation of Springwood Town Centre.