We are dedicated to transparency and consultation. We had conversations with hundreds of people who live, work, study and play in our city to create our community strategic plan that addresses social, economic, environment and leadership issues.
Download our Community Engagement Strategy below.
You can also download our other community consultation reports relevant to the update of the 2035 Blue Mountains community strategic plan, below:
- Sustainable Blue Mountains Together Community Forum Report – 2017
- Area Community Workshops Report- 2016
- Interagency Planning Workshop Report – 2016
- Community Online Survey Report – 2016
- LGBTIQ Engagement Report – 2016
- CALD Engagement Report – 2016
- Youth Council Engagement Report – 2016
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Engagement Report – 2015
Community Satisfaction Surveys
We’ve been conducting community satisfaction surveys since 1996 (either annually or more recently biennially). The purpose of these surveys is to measure what our community thinks about the services that Council provides, including satisfaction and importance ratings, and to better understand community priorities to inform our business planning and resource allocation.
Our Community Satisfaction Surveys are also available to download, under 'Related downloads'.
Resourcing Strategy including the Long Term Financial Plan
The Blue Mountains Resourcing Strategy supports our long term resourcing commitment to implementing the objectives and strategies in our Community Strategic Plan. It outlines our 10-year finance, asset and workforce strategies (2017-2027) within available resources, in 3 separate plans.
Long Term Financial Plan
The Long Term Financial Plan provides a 10 year view of costs associated with meeting the objectives and strategies in the Blue Mountains Community Strategic Plan 2035.
We will continue to improve our financial capacity by implementing our six strategies for financial sustainability:
- Avoiding shocks
- Balancing the budget
- Managing borrowings and investments responsibly
- Increasing income
- Reviewing and adjusting services
- Increasing advocacy and partnerships
The Long Term Financial Plan is part of the Resourcing Strategy.
Asset Management Strategy
Our Asset Management Strategy outlines:
- The condition of our assets.
- How we will meet our City’s asset requirements over the next 10 years.
- How we will manage asset risks within available resources.
The Asset Management Strategy is part of the Resourcing Strategy.
Workforce Management Strategy
The Workforce Management Strategy is about our people. It outlines our workforce plans to enable us to provide the range of services and facilities in the Blue Mountains Community Strategic Plan 2035.
The Workforce Management Strategy is part of the Resourcing Strategy.
Download the Resourcing Strategy below.
Delivery Program & Operational Plan
Our Delivery Program sets out what Council will do over the next four years to reach the long term vision and objectives in our Blue Mountains Community Strategic Plan 2035. It includes:
- Actions with timelines so that we know where we are going
- Financial resources required to get us there.
- Targets and performance measures so that we know we are on track.
In our 1 year Operational Plan you can see what projects we are prioritising for each year of the Delivery Program.
Download the Delivery Program 2017-2021 and Operational Plan 2017-2018 below.