You can submit your application online - anywhere, anytime!
NSW Planning portal
If you are seeking to subdivide, build or renovate, you will need to apply through the NSW Planning Portal and either login or register to create an account. Note: Application forms are no longer required, the portal automatically creates a form based on the information you provide. This covers:
- Development applications
- Construction certificates
- Complying development applications
- Modification and reviews of determinations
- Subdivision works certificates
- Subdivision and occupation certificates
- Building information certificates
For all other application types and permits register and login to Council's online services. Application forms are required and must be uploaded along with supporting documents and / or plans. To access our online services you will need to register. Confirmation will be sent within two working days that your account has been activated.
- Resolution suitable for printing (min. 300dpi) and not encrypted or password secured.
- Documents must not include embedded attachments.
- Plans must be to scale and be in a high quality PDF format.
In some cases, credit card payment is requested as part of the elodgement process. If not, an invoice is generally sent within two business days. Methods of payment are detailed on the invoice.
Information collected on lodgement of development-related applications is published online. This includes copies of plans and supporting documents.
To protect your privacy make sure that you remove from any documents and plans:
- Personal contact details.
- Personal financial information.
- Photos depicting people.
- Personal health and medical information.
- Commercial information, if likely to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it or reveal a trade secret.
Internal floor plans of residential development are generally obscured before publishing online.
The contents of the website are subject to copyright and are protected by laws in Australia and other countries through international treaties.
During the planning and assessment phase an applicant (not being the copyright owner) is taken to have indemnified all persons using the development application in accordance with the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, against any claim or action in respect of breach of copyright.
If you require assistance with logging in to the NSW Planning Portal or registering your account, contact ServiceNSW on 1300 305 695 or email email@example.com. If you are having difficulty using the Online Application Service, please contact the ePlanning support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries and for information on navigating the development process speak to our customer service advisors.