When thinking about a new project the first thing to do is work out whether you need to get approval from Council. To do this you will need to know what zone your land is in. If you don’t know this already you can find out using Council's Property Map Search. The Development Type link will help you understand the different categories of development. The A-Z of Development link will tell you whether your development type needs an approval.