Any work carried out within the road reserve requires an approval from the Council.

Apply online

Works that require approval include:

  • opening the road for services
  • constructing a driveway
  • placing a temporary fence around a construction site, or
  • forming a road.

Inspections are undertaken.

Always take pictures of the area before you start work, as restoration to the same standard is required. Otherwise the works are undertaken by Council with restoration costs charged to the principal contractor nominated on the application.

A minimum of $20m public liability insurance is required (with cover for the duration of the works).