The results of the latest Community Satisfaction Survey are in and we are excited to share them with you.
Council has been conducting community satisfaction surveys since 1996. The purpose of these surveys is to check in with our community to find out how we’re doing serving you, and which areas we need to work on.
The most recent survey was done in March 2020, when more than 1,000 Blue Mountains residents were interviewed. It was conducted by Micromex Research, an independent social research consultancy.
What did the 2020 survey tell us?
Overall, we’re doing a good job. In fact, this is the highest level of satisfaction we’ve achieved in the 24 years the survey has been running.
You told us that all the services we provide to you are important, and that we are listening to you and responding to your needs.
Overall, 91% of residents are at least somewhat satisfied with the performance of Council. That’s a 5% increase from the last survey in 2018. The results are also significantly higher than the NSW benchmark for overall satisfaction with councils.
While we’re really excited about these results, we know that there is always room for improvement and we want you to know that we will keep working to improve in all areas.
Read the survey results
Here are just some of the things you told us about Council’s performance and life in the Blue Mountains:
- 93% are at least somewhat satisfied with Council’s leadership and response when natural disasters impact the Blue Mountains.
- 88% are satisfied with the performance of Council staff.
- 96% feel generally safe in their neighbourhood.
- 83% feel they belong to the community they live in.
- 64% feel that the quality of life and wellbeing in the Blue Mountains is improving.
- There was a significant increase in residents’ satisfaction with more than half of the services and facilities we provide.
- The top three things that influence how you feel about Council are all about how we consult with you, and how you can be part of decision-making. Did you know we have a dedicated website that is all about engaging with you on Council reports and initiatives? Register for Have Your Say and help shape the future of your City: yoursay.bmcc.nsw.gov.au.
- What matters most to Blue Mountains’ residents? Bush fire/natural disaster prevention, maintaining the natural environment and appropriately managing development. We will be using these results to help inform our strategic and operational planning and decision-making.
The next community satisfaction survey is scheduled for 2022.