We are keen to know more about our community so we can support people's aspirations and help address their difficulties. Social research enhances our understanding, knowledge and analysis of the Blue Mountains community by:
- Gathering information about our population, history, society, the environment and culture
- Engaging with our community about what matters most
- Examining existing data and information about our city, identifying gaps in knowledge and conducting new areas of research central to our community.
We share our findings with the Blue Mountains community to:
- Receive feedback on our programs and projects
- Inform strategies
- Build knowledge
- Ensure we make good decisions
- Understand what our community needs
- Inform new ideas
- Advocate for our community.
Please let us know what you think about the issues that are important to our community.
For further information, please contact:
Council’s Social Researcher - Community Development
Phone: 02 4780 5726