Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
The Audit, Risk & Improvement Committee is an independent advisory committee to assist the Council fulfil its oversight responsibilities. Its primary duties and responsibilities are to assist Council with:
• financial reporting practices
• business ethics, policies and practices
• risk management
• compliance management and internal controls
• monitoring the integrity of the Council's financial reporting practices and finance and accounting compliance
• reviewing internal controls and all audit related matters
• encouraging adherence to and continuous improvement of Council's policies, procedures and practices at all levels, and
• fraud control
• adoption of the Internal Audit Plan.
Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee responsibilities are contained in the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
Independent Members of the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee are:
• Jesse Jo (Chair)
• Bruce Turner AM (Deputy Chair)
• Robert Lagaida
Councillor members of the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee are:
• Cr Kevin Schreiber
Annual Reports to Council
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee submits an annual report to Council on its affairs and the management of risk and internal controls.