About our campgrounds
- Campground stays are limited to a maximum of ten days only (four days only at Mt York).
- Water is not available – you must bring your own washing and drinking water.
- Pack a gas or fuel stove for cooking. If planning to cook on an open fire, purchase firewood from local outlets beforehand. Collecting timber from bushland is prohibited.
- Check fire ban danger ratings and total fire ban information at the NSW Rural Fire Service website for fire safety information.
- Use rubbish bins provided or take your rubbish out with you.
- Download the vehicle suitability table
- Download the campground facilities table
Mt Wilson - Cathedral Ferns Reserve
40km north of Katoomba, this is a large, level camping area (suitable for camper trailers, caravans, motorhomes and tents) close to rainforest walks.
Hartley Vale, Mt York Precinct - Lockyers Track
Situated at the base of Mt York via Hartley Valley Rd - small camping area (limited sites) suitable for tents. Single pit toilet.
Megalong Valley - Old Ford Reserve
Adjacent to Megalong Creek - medium sized camp ground. Access is via sealed road. Toilets provided (no other facilities).
Megalong Valley - Blackheath Glen Reserve
Small camping area - limited sites, suitable for tents.
Mt York Precinct - Mt Victoria
5km from Mt Victoria village at the end of Mt York Rd - small camping area (limited sites) suitable for tents. A popular climbing area with historic roads.
- Blackheath - Perrys Lookdown
- Glenbrook - Euroka Campground
- Megalong Valley - Dunphys Campground
- Wentworth Falls - Ingar
- Woodford - Murphys Glen
Go to the National Parks website for more
Other camping options in our neighbouring councils include sites within the Lithgow and Oberon areas.
Katoomba Falls Tourist Park, located on the spectacular scenic Cliff Drive, is 2km south of Katoomba railway station and town centre. A range of accommodation options are available, including self-contained cabins (1 with ramp access), powered sites and non-powered camping sites.
Blackheath Glen Tourist Park is located in a secluded part of Blackheath, only a short 10 minute walk through beautiful parks to the centre of the village and 1km from Blackheath Railway Station. A range of accommodation options are available for campers, caravan owners and motorhome users. Accommodation includes self-contained cabins of up to three bedrooms, including some accessible options, powered and unpowered sites.