Before using the service, you must understand and agree to the Service Requirements and Terms and Conditions listed below. Note: You must have permission to prune trees more than four metres tall and/or with a branch spread of more than four metres. See Tree Management and Removal for more information.
What Council will chip
- Fresh material less than four weeks old
- Branches with a minimum length of one metre (1m) and a maximum length of three metres (3m)
- Branches with a maximum diameter, or width, of fifteen centimetres (15cm)
- Four cubic metres of branches (4m3) in total (eg. 2 metres long x 2 metres wide x 1 metre high)
What Council will NOT chip
- NO Logs
- NO Small material – place grass, leaves and twigs in your compost
- NO Root balls, vines, ferns or palm fronds – these can damage the chipper
- NO Vegetation from, or in front of, vacant blocks, reserves or non-residential properties
- NO Weeds, in particular weeds in flower or seed, Bamboo or Pussy Willow. For help identifying weeds, refer to Council’s weeds website or contact Council.
- NO Mass clearing, storm damage or hazard reduction – these works must be conducted by a qualified contractor in accordance with Tree Preservation Orders
Storage and presentation
Materials must be neatly placed in front of your property, clear of paths and driveways on the day before your service date (no earlier). Keep cut ends of branches together, parallel to the street. Remove chipped materials promptly.
Before using the service, you must understand and agree to these Service Requirements and Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions include the Service Requirements for the service being booked.
- "Waste materials" – refers to either garden vegetation or general household items as defined in the Service Requirements.
- "Service" – a service is when, at the household’s request, Council has:
- Notified the household of the service date and
- Visited the property and either chipped garden vegetation with a volume up to four cubic metres or collected general household items with a volume up to four cubic metres. If the household does not present waste materials by the service date, the visit still counts as a service.
- If a household has placed mixed waste materials containing both garden vegetation AND general household items and Council has chipped and removed the waste materials, then Council has provided two services, regardless of whether the combined volume is less than four cubic metres.
- "Household", "resident" and "user" refers to any or all of the members of a household residing at an address that is located in the Blue Mountains local government area and who intend to use, or are using, the Booked Service.
- "Property" refers to any parcel of land which is entitled to receive domestic waste services and pays a domestic waste management charge
- "Financial year" is an annual period from 1 July to 30 June the following year.
3. Number of services
Council will provide two services per property per financial year, at no additional charge. Additional services may be purchased. Services are counted as used from the financial year in which they are delivered. Services need to be requested more than 6 weeks before the end of each financial year to ensure the service is counted towards that financial year's service allocation and not the next financial year's service allocation for the property.
4. Additional services
You may request additional services. These service terms and conditions, including size and volume limits, apply to paid additional services. Each additional service will be booked after the relevant charges, listed in the annual Fees and Charges, have been paid.
5. Cancellation of Services
A service can be cancelled by contacting Council at least 7 days prior to the service date. If a service is cancelled within 7 days of the service date, the service will be counted towards that household’s annual allocation.
6. Cancellation of Additional Services
An additional service can be cancelled and a full refund provided, less an administration charge, by contacting Council at least 7 days prior to the service date. If an additional service is cancelled within 7 days of the service date, the total fee paid will be forfeited by the resident.
7. Responsibility to meet Service Requirements
By using the Service, you agree to meet the Service Requirements. If you do not meet the Service Requirements, Council will not collect or process the material and you will be asked to arrange immediate removal of the materials. Council may then give a verbal direction, which may be followed by a clean-up notice being issued to take clean-up action as required and within the time frame nominated by Council. You agree to reimburse Council for any prescribed administrative fees as outlined in a clean-up notice. If the required action is not taken, a penalty notice may be issued.