Make Your Home, Their Home
Are you passionate about working with children and want to play a part in shaping their futures while running your own business from home?
As a Family Day Care educator you will have the flexibility to set your own work hours and fees and establish a childcare service reflective of your passions as a teacher and carer.
Qualifications and professional requirements:
- First Aid certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, or working towards this
- Public liability insurance
- Willingness to ensure your home and garden meet WH&S regulations and standards
- Willingness to obtain proper, working equipment for education and play
- Willingness to purchase and maintain equipment needed to run a home office such as a computer or tablet, internet, printer/scanner etc
Enrolling children in your service
Educators can have up to 4 under school aged children in care at one time. You can also have your own children in care with you.
You can provide before and after school care or vacation care for school aged children. You can have a combination of ages in your care, but no more than 7 children at any time. This includes your own children in care.
The Coordination Unit will help to fill any vacancies by referring families looking for care to your service.
Ongoing support and professional development
The Coordination Unit has regular contact with educators. This includes home visits, training, meetings and workshops. Our role is to support educators with all aspects of running their business.
Educators must have their home assessed to check if they are on bushfire prone land. Please read our Family Day Care BAL information flyer below.
To enquire about becoming an educator please contact us on 4780 5280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org