Search The Site
Place your garbage and recycling bin at least 1 metre apart for collection
- Resource Recovery Guide 2016-2018 ( 2,149.3kb)
- Fact Sheet: About Your Recycling Service ( 1,708.6kb)
- Fact Sheet: Recycling Correctly ( 1,791.8kb)
- Recycling: 1 Year of the New Service ( 295.0kb)
- Recycling: All About Plastics ( 337.3kb)
- Recycling: Frequently Asked Questions ( 219.1kb)
- Recycling: PREcycling ( 138.4kb)
- Recycling: Results So Far ( 378.7kb)
Household Kerbside Recycling Service
Recycling Hotline: 1300 769 746
Blue Mountains City Council’s standard kerbside household recycling collection service is a 240 litre recycling bin (yellow lid) collected fortnightly. This is a commingled service with everything mixed in the bin together.
Items that can be recycled in the household recycling bin are:
- Cardboard, paper, magazines, newspapers, office paper and junk mail
- Glass bottles and jars (no broken glass please)
- Steel and aluminium cans
- Empty aerosols
- Rigid plastic from the kitchen, bathroom and laundry.
Please no plastic bags, green waste or broken glass.
If the 240 litre recycling bin does not suit your household, you can have a larger 360 litre bin or a smaller 140 litre recycling bin. You can request a change with this form.
For more information check your Resource Recovery Guide. Alternatively, download the Guide at right.