Search The Site
Weekly kerbside recycling and Eco Bin services are provided.
- Resource Recovery Guide 2014/2015 ( 10,405.9kb)
- BMCC Recycling - 8 January 2014 ( 1,442.5kb)
- Fact Sheet: About Your Recycling Service ( 1,708.6kb)
- Fact Sheet: Recycling Correctly ( 1,791.8kb)
- Application for a Compost Bin ( 47.8kb)
- Application for a Worm Farm ( 48.8kb)
- Guidelines for Domestic Waste Management Charging ( 398.2kb)
Blue Mountains City Council provides the following services to households:
- Weekly kerbside garbage collection (140 or 240 litre bin)
- Fortnightly kerbside recycling collection (140, 240 or 360 litre recycling bin)
- Fortnightly green waste collection (240 litre bin)
- Booked kerbside services (kerbside chipping and/or bulky waste clean up)
- Household Chemical Clean Out (4 times a year at the Waste Management Facilities)
Community Recycling Centre
• Gas bottles,
• Fire extinguishers,
• Fluoro globes and tubes,
• Car batteries,
• Household batteries,
• Motor oils,
• Other oils,
• Smoke detectors.
Only household quantities accepted 20kg or 20L maximum container size. Please transport your materials carefully. Dangerous goods and items other than those listed will not be accepted.
Hours: Daily 8am to 4:30pm – Closed Christmas Day
The Community Recycling Centre is part of an EPA funded program so is open to all residents of NSW.
For more information call the Environment Line on 131 555 or visit www.cleanout.com.au
- Council’s household waste, recycling and green waste services, including kerbside chipping and clean-ups
- Household chemical CleanOut
- E-waste recycling
- Waste Management Facilities, their services and how to use them
- Liquid paint and paint related products
- Fire extinguishers
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Household cleaners
- Motor oils, fuels and liquids
- Smoke detectors
- Compact fluorescent light globes
- Pool Chemicals
- Gas bottles
- Acids and alkalis
- Hobby chemicals
- Friday 5 Aug – Monday 8 August 2016
- Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 November 2016
- Two clean-ups per year (four cubic metre limit per collection) OR
- Two kerbside chipping services per year (four cubic metre limit per service) OR
- One clean-up and one kerbside chipping service per year (each with a four cubic metre limit).
Household Resource Recovery Guide
Household Chemical CleanOut
Hazardous waste should not be disposed of in your household bin, down the drain or into the soil. Please use the free chemical clean out to safely dispose of this type of waste.
This waste includes:
CleanOut times are strictly 9:00am to 4:00pm
Kerbside chipping and clean-up service
Various waste services forms are available to download at right. Alternatively, contact Council on (02) 4780 5000 to have a form posted to you.