Search The Site
- Footsteps in Time: a Road Across the Mountains ( 1,804.1kb)
- Origin of Blue Mountains Town Names ( 69.6kb)
- Convict Graves on Pulpit Hill ( 21.0kb)
- The Explorers' Tree, Katoomba ( 77.6kb)
- What is a Yowie? ( 50.6kb)
- Why are the Blue Mountains blue? ( 13.4kb)
- Brief History of Library Services ( 10.8kb)
- Snapshots: Palace in a wilderness - The Hydro Majestic ( 22.4kb)
- Snapshots: Come up for Air ( 24.3kb)
- Snapshots: Hidden History - Mickies and Polers ( 198.7kb)
- Snapshots: Katoomba and its Scenic Railway ( 33.1kb)
- Snapshots: The Coo-ee March 1915 ( 270.8kb)
- Snapshots: Osborne Ladies College ( 106.5kb)
- Snapshots: The Poetical Whip ( 27.0kb)
About the Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are available to download (see right).
- Population Profile and Social Atlas:
- Community Atlas
See maps of socio-demographic data.
The Community Atlas will be able to further understand your community. This tool includes key socio-demographic characteristics presented as interactive maps, providing the finest level of detail to help identify key issues and challenges for local areas across the Mountains.
- Community Profile
Find out what our population is like now and how it has changed in recent years.
The Blue Mountains Community Profile includes results from the 2001, 1996 and 1991 Censuses of Population and Housing. The web based interactive tool is designed to give all people and sectors a better understanding of the trends, and demographics of our people within the City, the Towns in which we live.
- Community Atlas
- Blue Mountains Basic Community Profile on the ABS
Australian Bureau of Statistics data for the Blue Mountains region, comprising social and economic statistical summaries. Compiled from several different information sources. Includes Population, Births and Deaths, Unemployment, Income Support Customers, Taxable Income, Building Approvals, Motor Vehicle Sales and Agriculture.
- Blue Mountains Image Library
The main historical photograph collection of several thousand, lower resolution images, free to download and use with attribution to Blue Mountains City Library.
- Blue Mountains Local Studies Chronicles
Referenced historical articles developed by the Local Studies Librarian on popular Blue Mountains subjects, includes images. Please acknowledge author and source if you use this material.
- Blue Mountains Local Studies Images on Flickr
Selected high resolution, historical images from the Local Studies collection, many with added information. Can be downloaded free for non-commercial use, with attribution to Blue Mountains City Library. Also includes mystery photos which need identifying or more information.
- Community Information Database - Assists people who live, work or study in the Blue Mountains Local Government Area to access community based organisations. Includes aged services, arts and culture, children and family, disability services, education, environment, faith, government, health, indigenous, legal, multicultural, sports and recreation, service and social groups, support services and youth services.
- Local Studies Bookmarks
Check out the Local Studies Librarian's personal bookmarks here - a handpicked selection of sites for Local Studies, historical and genealogical research.
Snapshots of the Blue Mountains - Brief articles and photos of various aspects of Blue Mountains history may be downloaded at right.
Blue Mountains Web Sites
Click here to access our links to other Blue Mountains Web Sites.